Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My First Buck.

The weekend of November 21 through the 22 I had the opportunity to go down to Mississippi to go deer hunting. The reason I cannot hunt here in Illinois is because I cannot handle the kick of a shotgun. I went with an organization called A Hunt Above. It is a hunting organization which gives kids with uncurable conditions and life threatening diseases. I hunted with a Mossberg 100 ATR .243 rifle. The first morning of the hunt my dad and I were the only people in the stand. Unfortuneally we did not see any deer. After we had eaten lunch we headed out to a stand in front of a food plot. The first deer came out about 3:00. It was a doe. After about 45 minutes a small buck entered the food plot. At the moment I did not want to take this little buck. I decided to shoot a big doe across the food plot from the buck, but all of a sudden a bigger doe came out of the woods, so I decided to shoot her instead. I was just about ready to shoot the doe when I saw the buck out of the corner of my eye. I saw that he was bigger than I originally though so I decided to take him. He walked a little bit behind a tree but thankfully turned back around. I waited until he turned broadside and then fired. After I looked out of the scope and looked where he went. It turned out that he didn't go any where. He dropped right in his tracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment